Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Day in the Life: College Addition

I thought it might be interesting for me to type out what an average day in my life is like so that later in life I can compare and laugh about how easy college life was (hopefully).  

Here's a few things you might want to know first... I work as a telephone operator for the university I attend, so as long as I answer the phone they don't care if I do my homework and watch Nextflix.  I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday, so Monday, Wednesday and Friday is all about homework and studying.  Daniel also works on campus doing research for his doctorate. 

Alright, here we go... Monday 8/26/2013

5:15 wake up, go to the gym
5:30 workout at the Colvin, treadmill and leg machines
6:00 leave the Colvin and head home
6:10 start to feel sick since I didn't eat anything before working out, scarf down some toast with peanut butter for some protein 
6:15 shower, get ready for work. Go through 2 outfits before deciding on ponytail, jeans, white tee, and sandals 
7:00 go to fix Daniel's lunch, realize the sandwich meat is out of date. Inform Daniel he's on his own for lunch today. 
7:10 leave for campus 
7:15 smile sweetly and ask Dan to stop at Starbucks for caffeine. It works. 
7:30 get to work early, waste time checking emails and Facebook 
8:00 clock-in and get in queue at work. More emails and Facebook to wake up some more. 
9:00 start studying inorganic and hopefully do homework while answering calls at work and listening to Pistol Annie's station on Pandora. 
10:07 finish a few sections of notes, take a break to eat a snack and watch latest episode of Project Runway on my computer. 
10:20 chat with mom on Skype IM 
11:10 Daniel texted me saying he's hungry, plan lunch 
11:15 finish show, walk to Daniel's office 
11:30 Qdoba for lunch today
11:50 walk back to Daniel's office and hangout for about 10 minutes 
12:16 back at work. Read a few blogs 
12:47 finished reading my blog list, back to studying and taking notes. Listening to Cascada station on Pandora this time 
2:09 remembered to call in my BC refill so I can pick it up later. 
3:30 switched to Christina Perri station on Pandora, snack on chocolate yogurt covered raisins. Switch to homework. 
4:20 plan to meet up with Matt to finish inorganic homework tonight at library 
4:30 pack up inorganic stuff and read some of a book on my kindle until time to leave work. 
5:00 leave work head to pharmacy 
5:16 picked up prescription now headed to buy groceries 
5:30 get to food pyramid, don't have a list. I'll have to wing it 
6:00 checked out, spent more money then I'd planned, and headed home 
6:25 unloaded and put away groceries, now cleaning out the fridge
6:40 finished cleaning out fridge, loaded and started dishwasher
6:45 started a load of laundry. 
6:47 changes into some sweats, watching a little TV until time to pick up Daniel from night class 
7:12 take out trash and leave to go pick up Daniel
7:20 pick up Daniel from his night class
7:30 go to CVS for allergy mess and Kleenex 
7:40 go next door to Mcalister's for dinner 
7:55 leave Mcalister's 
8:10 at the campus library to finish inorganic homework with a friend 
10:45 finished homework, packing up and headed home 
11:00 get home, move laundry over, start new load, empty dishwasher,straighten kitchen, empty overnight bag from the weekend. 
11:17 get ready for bed 
11:30 finally in bed and ready for a night of blissful sleep 

No comments:

Post a Comment