Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Waiting Game

Have you hear of the waiting game? 

Let me tell you, it sucks if you're impatient like me.  

Right now I kind of understand a small amount of how Moses felt when he wandered for 40 years waiting for the Promised Land. 

 In my life right now I'm in the waiting game, waiting... 
*to be done with my degree (one class left!) 
*to move back to our hometown 
*get a big-girl chemistry job for a bit to pay off school bills 
*become a high school chemistry teacher after said big-girl chemistry job 
*and the big kahuna...start a family of little cookies.

Impatience is one of my problems.  Like a big problem.  When it comes to little things i can be patient, but when it comes to something that is really important, exciting, or a dream of mine I am incredibly, exponentially impatient.  I need to learn patience, big time.  I hoping that these verses I found will help me.  I'm going to try and memorize them and recite them to myself whenever I'm feeling the full effects of the waiting game.  

"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer" Romans 12:12

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, If we faint not" Galatians 6:9 

"But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it]" Romans 8:25

"But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:4

Do you guys know of other verses/quotes that could help? or do any of you feel the same as me?

Danielle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment